BermUDA Best- Street Views First Edition

Hey guys!

I wanted to start something fun this week called Street Views. I hope to add a couple of weekly posts on different streets in different neighborhoods all around New Orleans. Thought it would be fun to highlight the history of those neighborhoods and showcase around what time in history they came about. 

Hopefully you learn and love a little more about architecture, too. 

First up- probably quite an unusual area for me to chat about, since I don't think I've ever focused over here- Algiers Point! It's on the West Bank, meaning across the River (even though it's situated to the East). 

I seem to see a lot of the same of similar styles of housing over this way. Lots of Eastlake Doubles and Queen Anne cottages in this neighborhood. It is especially colorful and feels like it's own secluded little world. I've been in several different houses over in the area where the NEW renovations haven't quite touched the old homes and it's pretty dreamy. 

Algiers was established in 1719- that's right- one year after New Orleans. Did you know this is our Tricentennial Year over in the Big Easy?! And today of all days is the beginning of Mardi Gras (also known as Twelfth Night), so you can eat your king cake now!


found in an Algiers Point house, summer 2017L
 

You're probably here to get your eyeballs on some of the houses over in the area, right? This week is Bermuda Street.

Let's take a look!


 See- lots of doubles, lots of details, lots of color. If you can't tell, my phone lens had a smudge that day, so we ended up with lots of light flares haha. 

I love the little restaurants and cafes and quiet streets around there. One of my favorite lunch spots is Toute De Suite Cafe over on Verret Street. If it's a warm day, you can sit at their street-side seating and take in the massive Cathedral across the street, if not, a window inside will do you good, too. 

Comments

Popular Posts